American Music Therapy Association
The mission of the American Music Therapy Association is to advance public awareness of the benefits of music therapy and increase access to quality music therapy services in a rapidly changing world.
The Certification Board for Music Therapists
CBMT is the only organization to certify music therapists to practice music therapy nationally. It’s MT-BC program has been fully accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) since 1986. Over 5,300 music therapists currently maintain the MT-BC credential, and participate in a program of recertification designed to measure or enhance competence in the profession of music therapy.
Aaron Weintraub, MS
Strengths based social skills groups with a focus on children and teenagers with Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, High Functioning Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and Shyness. Providing social learning through developmental play with a focus on social communication, emotional regulation, and transactional support with a focus on:
• Sustaining Friendships
• Recognizing Social Cues
• Interpreting Facial Expressions
• Handling Teasing and Bullying
• Pragmatic Language Skills
• Maintaining Eye Contact
• Recognizing Emotions in Self & Others
• Developing Patterns & Styles of Conversations
New Beginnings, LLC
Amy Eisner, MA
Special education advocates whose mission is to:
• Work with parents so that they can effectively advocate for their child with knowledge.
• Empower you with knowledge.
• Have you pass on knowledge you have acquired to another adult, who has a child with special needs.
• Know your rights under the Individual with Disability Education Act. (IDEA)
• Know your rights and responsibilities as a parent who has a child with special needs.